I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching asking myself why I’m blogging. As our Money Game fund continues to grow, I see others who are struggling and it bothers me. Since I haven’t hit on any sure fire ways to quickly make money, it’s starting to feel like I’m just bragging.
I honestly thought by now I would have a system down for using our Money Game fund to make more money. That hasn’t happened yet. Anyway that was my intent and as my efforts aren’t producing (instant) success, I’ve been discouraged about writing.
I thought it would be so cool to start with a sum and just grow it on purpose. To just make it happen. It could be a tool to teach and inspire others that you have more than you think. You can do this.
It bothers me to see great people struggling. I know moms who want to be home with their children and who want to help their family’s finances. I know some gifted and talented people who I think could earn way more and be happier than they are working at a minimum wage job. I know some others who just long to leave to cubicle life. I know some people who lost their jobs and are struggling to find another. We all know these people. Many of us were or are just like them.
Though I haven’t found that formula yet, I’ve realized some things.
- If you set this goal and then journal as work on eacch level (it can be private or public), it helps you make more progress.
- This process helps you respect your money. More starts to come to you. This isn’t “magic” or “new age”. It’s not the “law of attraction”. It’s not a secret. It’s the same money that’s always been around you. You just figure out how to put it to better use.
- I still think I’ll figure out a way to use our growing fund to make more money. It may be a year or so down the road when we start buying real estate or it may happen sooner.
- Staying under budget won’t get us all the way there but we won’t get there if we can’t control our budget. This hasn’t been a waste of time and it won’t be for you either. This was one of the unexpected lessons. Getting through all 250 levels of this game will take controlling expenses AND learning to make more.
- I enjoy writing and I especially enjoy interacting with people here. I’ve missed it. I’m going to resume posting and I’m going to try to stay on topic of saving and making money grow.
- I’m going to keep reporting our progress in hopes that it will inspire you (especially if you are one of my kids or grandkids) to play along. I sincerely hope you find something that helps you get there faster and make enough to buy the freedom you want. I hope you leave me behind in the dust!
- I’d love to see people come up with ideas and share them here. I definitely will be trying things and I’ll share what is working (and not working).
State Farm handed us a nice power up today. We try to drive safely and it paid off with a lower bills for my car over the last six months. Today’s deposit is $35.31. With these power ups, I hope they help you see how quickly they add up. It’s hard to beleive we are working level 152!
Level Completed: 151 out of 251
Amount Deposited this month: $322.60
Total Balance: $8,059.78
Our Money Game fund has increased 4.2% so far this month.
$252.95 is needed to reach the next level