I apologize for not posting lately. A lot is going on.
First – the Money Game continues in earnest. We are closing in on 29k.
Second – I realized if I got a real estate license, I could sell other people’s houses instead of waiting until I had enough cash to buy an investment property of my own. I’ve been working like crazy on a Florida license. I know the area between Destin and Panama City Beach pretty well and I know 30-A especially well. We own property right on 30-A and often vacation there. I hope to take the exam soon.
Meanwhile I signed on as an inside sales associate for a Remax company there and I’ve been working part-time contacting people who registered on their website. It’s been fun to talk to people about beach homes, vacation rentals and retirement (the three most popular topics while working the phones – at least for the people I’ve talked to).
I also thought I’d mention Ibotta again. I had slacked off using it but started again in April. I work hard to buy only things we would have bought anyway. This screen shot shows the cash I’ve received in May from using the app.
The cash rebates have piled up and I thought I’d share my referral code. If you use it, you’ll get $10 cash credited to your PayPal account once you start using the app to get your own rebates. In turn, I’ll get a $5 credit at no cost to you. They’ll also give you your own referral code that you can share with as many people as you chose.
This is for you if you aren’t tempted by all the goodies displayed offering debates. I frequently find rebates for produce, meat and the special gluten-free and dairy-free products I buy. For example, I use a vegan dairy-free cheese and I’ve enjoyed the rebates offered for a brand I like. I also see rebates offered for yummy frozen treats, wine, alcoholic beverages, candy and every kind of junk food you can imagine!
So how does it work? You download an app and choose the store you intend to visit. You’ll be shown deals that you can select. Sometimes you have to watch a short video to get the deal. After you make your purchases, you select “redeem offers” from the app. You’ll be prompted to take a picture of your receipt and then scan bar codes for the deals you wish to redeem. Once that’s done, you’ll be notified when they deposit your cash in your PayPal account.
Here are a few things I’ve noticed lately:
- I’ve received a few extra rebates for things I didn’t buy. No idea why.
- If I forgot to pre-select what I wanted, I couldn’t select it once I started scanning barcodes for my purchases. That sucked because I did buy the item.
- You don’t have to buy everything you pre-select.
- I received extra cash for achieving bonus offers I didn’t even know about. Today I received an extra $5 for achieving a summer weekend bonus.
- We did a $10 deal today of buying a 12 pack of beer, meat and some buns. The meat and buns were our choice but the beer had to be a certain brand. It was a mainstream beer George likes. He likes a cheaper, light beer after doing yard work in the heat of the day so he would have bought this anyway.
- We combine these offers with the coupons we get on Kroger’s store app. We redeemed a freebie (an energy drink) with the Kroger coupon and got a 25 cent rebate from Ibotta. That was a fun one. It also counted towards the 14 item summer bonus over Memorial Day weekend and helped us get an extra $5.
- Pay attention to any conditions on the offers. For example, we use every deal we can find for RX Bars. But the offer stipulates you must buy 2.
- The Ibotta app provides a way to scan the barcode while you are in the store to see if the item qualifies for the deal. I appreciate that feature and it helps prevent disappoints once you get home.
- I stopped using it after writing about it earlier because it was so slow to load. I started using it again last month and it loads very quickly now. I did switch from an iPhone to Android so I’m not sure it the issue was my old phone or the app.
- They say the funds will be deposited in your PayPal account within 24 hours. My funds show up very quickly – usually just a few minutes after I redeem my offers. This is real cash that sits there waiting for you to use. I transfer mine to my bank account and put it right in the Money Game!